Welcome to our website
Waltham Abbey Community Centre, situated at Saxon Way, was built on a hayfield originally rented by a tenant farmer of Sir Hereward Wake. The field was first used to feed cattle before their drovers continued their journey to London's Smithfield market.
However, in 1942 the Government approved the building of an emergency centre housing the ARP Wardens, Ambulance men and Red Cross Nurses. The building was to be used to administer aid to the public when needed plus shelter and food when suffering the effects of air raids.
The building was handed over as a Community Centre in 1947 and has continued to be well used by local organisations and residents for over fifty years.
The Community Association is a registered charity (No. 301428) and we lease the building from Essex County Council. The Centre brings together individuals, families and voluntary organisations in the area and we are supported by the Epping Forest Disctrict Council and Waltham Abbey Town Council. The Community Association is run by a committee of volunteers and we are proud of the range and number of groups who use the Centre.
The Waltham Abbey Community Centre has a central and easy to find location with good parking space.
A choice of two large function halls.
A small meeting room.
A Preschool on site which is open daily.
A Day Centre for the over 60's which is open three days a week.
Disabled Toilet Facilities.
Baby Changing Facilities.
A large Car Park for approx. 35 cars.